After completing this how-to you will have knowledge needed to efficiently navigate through the course navbar. This guide includes the links contained within each of the menus and the destination for each of those links. Please note, not all features listed within the guide, will be utilized within your course. For other guides on system navigation, visit the System Navigation topic page.
- The name given to the navigation links for courses in Brightspace is termed the "course navbar."
- The Course Menu link navigates to the tool that provides access to all of the topics, instructions, resources and more for that specific course.
- The Help link provides contact information for the various support options available for Brightspace.
- If you need to close out of the pop-up box after opening one of the menus, select the "X" button to close out.
- The Activities menu contains links to the four main activities utilized within courses.
- The Assignments link provides access to the area where you will review assignments submitted by your students.
- The Discussions link navigates to the page where you can access the course's discussion topics, make posts, and review the posts of your students.
- The Quizzes link provides access to the quizzes required for each course. In this area you will be able to create a new quiz, edit quiz settings, and review quiz submissions.
- The Virtual Assignment link allows your students to submit and complete YouSeeU assignments.
- The Communication menu contains links to the four main communication features utilized within courses.
- The Classlist link provides a list of all students and faculty members within the course.
- The Email link offers one of the options for sending an email directly from Brightspace. Please note, while emails can be sent from Brightspace, replies and other received emails are only accessible through your IWU email account via Outlook.
- The Groups link allows you to set up groups and assign students to the groups.
- The Zoom link navigates to a page where you can schedule and view the course's upcoming and past Zoom meetings, as well as join a Zoom meeting.
- The Progress menu contains links to the four main progress features utilized within courses.
- The Awards link navigates to the page where you can issue and revoke awards as well as view awards issued to students.
- The Course Checklist link provides the ability to create a checklist, assign due dates to tasks within the checklist, and have them displayed in the Calendar tool.
- The Course Progress link offers detailed information on the progress of the students within your course.
- The Grades link provides the ability to enter grades for completed student activities.
- The Tools menu contains links to some of the additional tools that you can utilize within Brightspace.
- If utilized, the Calendar tool provides due dates for activities in the course.
- The Course Admin tool provides access to tools where most administrative functions can be accessed from.
- The ePortfolio tool is a system level feature where students can upload and access course work submitted throughout the course in Brightspace.
- The Locker tool is a feature that offers a place for students to store and share files within Brightspace.
- The Media Gallery tool allows you to upload and access videos from course to course within Brightspace.