After reviewing this how-to you will have the ability to update the notifications you receive from courses and the types of activities within the courses.
1. From the minibar, open the "Personal Menu".
2. Select the "Notifications" link.
- Your IWU student email will be the default address used for email notifications. You can change your email address by selecting the "Change your email settings" link, however it is recommended that you do not do so.
- If you wish to receive notifications on your cell phone, select the "Register your mobile" link* and follow the onscreen instructions provided for registering your mobile.
- If you wish to receive an email summary of activities in your courses, select how often you want to receive the summaries by selecting the dropdown arrow in the "How often?" field.
- If you wish to receive certain notifications instantly via email and/or text (if you registered your mobile), select a box next to the desired activity types you wish to receive an instant notification for. Please note, we currently do not utilize the "Activity Feed".
*if your country of residency or company of your mobile phone carrier are not one of the listed options, you will not be able to sign up for receiving mobile notifications. Also, please note that D2L is aware of texts taking a significant amount of time to be delivered or in some cases not being delivered at all. Therefore, we cannot guarantee notifications via text will work until D2L applies a fix for the issues.