After reviewing this how-to you will have the ability to start your own posts and respond to others posts within the Discussions tool.
For information on how to navigate to Discussion topics in Brightspace, please review the Accessing Discussion Topics guide.
Start a New Thread
**Before beginning a new Discussion thread, please make sure you have thoroughly reviewed all of the associated information and rubric(s) for the topic.**
1. From the Discussion topic page, select the "Start a New Thread" button.
2. Input a title for your Discussion thread in the "Enter a subject" field.
3. Input the text of your discussion post and attach any files within the "HTML editor" box.
3a. To add a link within the Discussion thread, utilize the "Insert Quicklink" button in the HTML editor toolbar.
3b. To add an attachment to your Discussion thread, select the arrow next to the "Add attachments" field to upload a file, record a video or audio file, or choose an existing file.
4. Once you have finalized your Discussion thread, select the "Post" button.
**It is advisable to type your content into a Word document or similar software, saved on your computer so that you have a backup if needed.
Reply to a Thread
1. Select the title of a thread to view all of the posts and replies.
2a. To reply to a classmate or instructor's initial post, select the "Reply to Thread" button.
2b. To post a reply to a reply already made within the thread, select the "Reply" link.
3. Refer to Steps 3 and 4 in the "Start a New Thread" section of this guide for assistance with adding content to your reply.