After reviewing this guide, you will have the ability to efficiently navigate through the minibar.
- The name given to the navbar at the top of every page within Brightspace is "minibar".
- The IWU logo on the far left will provide you access to the main landing page of Brightspace.
- When within a course, the name of the course will appear at the top of the page. Select the course name to navigate to the course homepage.
- The "Select a course" button is commonly termed as the 'waffle'. The 'waffle' button opens a list of your courses in Brightspace, with pinned courses appearing at the top followed by the courses most recently accessed.
- The "Message alerts" button contains links to the instant messaging and email feature within Brightspace.
- If you receive a new Instant Message from another individual in Brightspace, there will be an orange dot at the top right corner of the "Message alerts" button.
- The "Subscription alerts" button displays notifications for course activities you have subscribed to.
- If any activity occurs within an item you have subscribed to, there will be an orange dot at the top right corner of the "Subscription alerts" button.
- The "Update alerts" button provides notifications for multiple course and system features in Brightspace, such as a new announcement or grade posted.
- If an update has been made to a course or system feature, there will be an orange dot at the top right corner of the "Update alerts" button.
- The "Personal Menu" contains a list of features that you can access to manage some of your Brightspace information and settings.
- The "Profile" link allows you to provide biographical information about yourself for your fellow classmates and faculty to view.
Please note, the use of the Profile feature is purely optional and you are not required to fill in any information.
- The "Notifications" link navigates to the page where you can manage which activities and tools you receive notifications from, as well as manage how you receive the notifications.
- The "Account Settings" link navigates to the page where you can manage some of the settings for your Brightspace account, such as the time zone you are in or the display size of system text.
- The "Progress" link offers you access to the Course Progress page for that course.
- The "Log Out" link will log you out of your Brightspace session.