After reviewing this how-to you will have the knowledge needed to create and manage Sharing Groups within the ePortfolio tool in Brightspace.
Please note, when adding other Brightspace users to a Sharing Group, you must do so from the ePortfolio tool within one of your courses. The tool cannot add users to a Sharing Group from the main landing page, it can only be done within a course.
Create a Sharing Group
1. In the ePortfolio toolbar, select the "Sharing Groups" tab.
2. Select the "New Sharing Group" button.
3. Add the title you want for the Sharing Group within the "Name" field. You may add specific details within the "Description" field.
4. Select the "Add Users" button (as a reminder, you must complete the following steps from the ePortfolio tool within one of your courses and not from the main landing page).
4a. We recommend selecting the "Users" tab before performing a search in order to narrow down the list of results.
5. Use the "Search" field to find the needed user(s). Please note, the system will not provide results for an exact match of your search. The results may contain a part of what you searched. For example, if you search by "the" anyone with "the" anywhere in their name will be displayed, such as "Mathew".
6. Select the name of the needed individual to add them to your Sharing Group.
6a. If you need to remove a member that was previously added, select the 'remove member' button.
7. Once you have added all of the members and modified the assigned permissions, if necessary, choose the "Add" button.
8. Select the "Save and Close" button.
Manage a Sharing Group
- To delete a Sharing Group, select the 'delete' button within the row.
- To manage the settings of a Sharing Group, select the Sharing Group name.
- For information on how to add users, refer to steps 4 - 7 in the Create a Sharing Group section of this guide.
- To remove a user from the Sharing Group, select the 'Remove Permissions' button.
- To manage permissions of a user already added to the Sharing Group, select the 'Edit Permissions' button.
- Be sure not to select the 'Remove Permissions' button as it will not close out of this view. Even if you do not make any changes to the permissions, select the "Save" link to close out.