The steps below provide instructions for students to pre-register their personal devices to IWU-WiFi. IWU-WiFi is a secure wireless network provided for personal devices of IWU students, employees, and guests.
Locating MAC Address
Before you can register the device, you'll need to find the wireless MAC address. Often times the MAC address for a device is printed on the back or bottom, or may be available in a menu on the device. Learn how to find your MAC address in this article. You'll then use this in the steps below.
Registering the Device
- Disconnect the device you will be registering from the network or power off the device.
- On a device with a web browser, navigate to https://wifidevices.indwes.edu
- Login with your IWU username and password.
- On the form that opens, type in the MAC address of the device that will be added to the network. (How to find your MAC address)
- Create a name for your device. (Ex. "Wesley Wildcat's TV")
- Choose to make your device discoverable. If you choose to do so, personal devices will only be discoverable by your devices, while shared devices will be visible to users in your approved user list.
- Complete the rest of the form and select "submit"
- Your registered device will now be able to connect to IWU-WiFi for one year without requiring additional registration.
If you have registered your device, but continue to experience issues with accessing IWU-WiFi, disconnect the device from IWU-WiFi and then reconnect in 10-15 minutes. If the device still doesn't get an internet connection, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the MAC address of the device, and a short description of what happens when you try to connect to the Internet with the device.
If you need assistance with any of the items above please Contact the IWU Support Center.