After reviewing this how-to you will have the knowledge needed to create a copy of an Intelligent Agent in order to create an agent that is similar in nature. For information on how to navigate to Intelligent Agents within a Brightspace course, please review the Navigating to Intelligent Agents guide. For a more in-depth explanation of the Agent list and its functionality, please review the Intelligent Agent List Overview guide.
1. Navigate to Intelligent Agents within your course and select the down arrow next to the existing agent that you want to copy from.
2. From the options displayed, choose "Copy".
3. A copy of the chosen agent will be displayed within the Agent List.
4. By selecting the down arrow by the copied agent and choosing edit, faculty can rename and make updates to the agent. **For this scenario, changes to the copied agent will identify students who received a high score on a quiz and send them an email notification to congratulate them.**
5. In the Agent Name field, change the copied name to identify the new agent.
6. In the Description field, update the description to best describe the new agent.
7. In the Release Conditions subcategory, select the "X" beside the existing release condition to delete the release condition for the copied agent.
8. Once the existing Release Condition is deleted, select the box to "Create and Attach". **If you had created a release condition previously for this course and wished to reuse it for a different intelligent agent, you would choose "Attach Existing". If you are creating a release condition never used before in this course, you would choose "Create and Attach".** (Since this was a release condition never created before for this course, you would choose "Create and Attach" in this scenario).
8a. When the "Create a New Release Condition" box appears, in the "Condition Type" dropdown under Quizzes choose "Score on a quiz".
8b. Under the "Condition Details", choose a quiz from the dropdown menu to attach the intelligent agent to. A separate agent must be created for each quiz. An intelligent agent cannot be created and attached to multiple activities.
8c. From the "Criteria" dropdown menu, choose a criteria that best identifies the student's scores that would prompt an email notification. **For this scenario, "Between" has been chosen because we want to reach out to students who scored between a specific range. You could have also chosen ">" to identify students who scored greater than 90%**
8d.In the Grade field, enter the range of percentages that would prompt the intelligent agent to send an email notification to the student. **For this scenario, 90%-100% has been chosen, but any range of percentages could be listed here**
8e. Once the Release conditions have been set, select the "Create" button.
9. The dropdown menu under "To access this item, users must satisfy" can remain "All conditions must be met".
10. Under the Actions category and within the "Repetitions" subcategory, select the appropriate Action Repetition setting. **For this scenario, it is recommended that the "Take action only the first time the agent's criteria are satisfied for a user" is selected. This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
11. In the "Send an Email" subcategory, select the checkbox to "Send an email when the criteria are satisfied". The "Name that the emails come from" and the Reply-To address for responses" should prefill with the name and email address set up previously in the Settings. To review how to set email preferences for Intelligent Agents within a course, review the Setting Email Preferences for Intelligent Agents within a Course guide. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
12. In the "To" field of the email, enter the replacement string that will automatically pull in the student's email address whenever they meet the specified criteria of the agent. **Note: Failure to put the replacement string in exactly may result in the intelligent agent not functioning properly** For more information on replacement strings, see the guide on Using Replace Strings in the Email Notifications Used Within an Intelligent Agent.The faculty could also input their email address in the Cc: line if they would like to receive notification of the students who received this email.
13. Enter a subject for the email that will be sent to the student when they take the specified quiz and score between 90%-100%. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
14. Compose an email message to students who had a high score on a specific quiz. This would be a different message than was previously used for students who had a low score on the quiz.
15. In the Attachments subcategory, the faculty can upload any materials that they would like for the students to have, such as a copy of the resources. **The resources could remain the same, be different, or not included at all in this case.**
16. The Email format subcategory will default to "HTML". This setting can be left to the default. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
17. In the Scheduling category, choose the checkbox to "Use the Schedule". **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
18. The "Update Agent Schedule" box will allow faculty to choose how often the agent runs. In this instance, the faculty would want the agent to run daily. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
19. The "Repeats Every:*" box will allow faculty to set how often the agent repeats. For this agent, it would repeat every day. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance.**
20. The Schedule Dates field will allow faculty to enter the start and end dates for the agent. For example, faculty may want to set the start and end date of the agent to match the start and end dates of the quiz. **This setting from the copied agent would remain the same for the new agent in this instance. However if the faculty copied the agent so that they could attach it to a new quiz but with the same agent criteria, everything would remain the same except the start and end dates of the quiz**
21. Once the parameters are set, select the "Update" button.
22. Select the "Save and Close" button to complete the setup.