After completing this how-to you will have the ability to navigate the main landing homepage and utilize the features it has to offer.
- The main landing page in Brightspace is termed the "main homepage". The main homepage contains widgets that provide system level assistance and information on Brightspace.
- The "My Courses" widget displays up to 12 past or present courses you have access to. Courses that are pinned will appear starting from the top left first, and any courses after that will appear in the order of most recently accessed.
**Please note, courses that have ended will no longer appear in the "All" view unless viewing a specific term/semester or the course is manually pinned. Selecting the "View All Courses" link will provide access to a closed course.**
- The "Brightspace Help" widget opens the help page that provides contact information on the support options for Brightspace.
- The "Announcements" widget on the main homepage will only display the most recent system level announcement. These are announcements that are separate from those within your courses that are posted by the faculty.
- The "Student Guides" widget provides a quicklink to the Brightspace student Knowledge Base (KB) guides. The main header image, "Student Guides Home", provides links to all available Brightspace student KB guides. The individual links listed under the header navigate directly to the specific KB guide chosen and are the guides most commonly viewed.
- The "Back to Top" widget navigates you directly to the top of the course homepage.