After reviewing this guide you will have the ability to efficiently navigate through the course navbar. This guide includes the links contained within each of the menus and the destination for each of those links. Please note, all of the features listed in this guide may not be utilized within your course.
- The name given to the navigation links for courses in Brightspace is termed the 'course navbar'.
- The "Course Menu" link navigates to the table of contents which provides access to all of the topics, instructions, and resources for that specific course.
- The "Help" link provides contact information for the various support options available within Brightspace.
- If you need to close out of the pop-up box after selecting one of the menus, select the "X" button to close out.
- The "Activities" menu contains links to the four main activities utilized within courses.
- The "Assignments" link provides access to the area where you will submit an assignment.
- The "Discussions" link navigates to the page where you can access the course's topics, make your own posts, and review the posts of others.
- The "Quizzes" link provides access to the quizzes required for each course. In this area you will be able to review and submit responses to the quiz questions.
- The "Virtual Assignment" link allows completion and submission of YouSeeU assignments.
- The "Communication" menu contains links to the five main communication features utilized within courses.
- The "Classlist" link provides a list of all classmates and faculty for the course.
- The "Email" link offers one of the options for sending an email directly from Brightspace. **Please note that while emails can be sent from Brightspace, replies and other received email is only accessible through your IWU email account.**
- The "Groups" link navigates to your assigned groups as well as names of others within that group.
- The "Virtual Classroom" links to the YouSeeU tool where meetings and other virtual social interactions are held.
- The "Zoom" link navigates to a page where you can view the course's upcoming and past Zoom meetings, as well as join a Zoom meeting.
- The "Progress menu" contains links to the four main progress features utilized within courses.
- The "Awards" link navigates to the page where you can access awards and certificated earned for the course.
- The "Course Checklist" link provides access to a checklist of course due dates for specific assignments. Please note that not all courses will utilize this feature.
- The "Course Progress" link offers detailed information on the feedback you have received for activities throughout the course as well as an overview of your progress throughout the course.
- The "Grades" link provides access to scores and feedback you have received for graded activities throughout the course.
- The "Tools menu" contains links to the tools that you can utilize within Brightspace.
- The "Calendar" tool provides due dates for topics in the course, if added by the faculty .
- The "ePortfolio" tool is a system level feature where you can upload and access course work submitted throughout all of your courses in Brightspace.
- The "Locker" tool is a feature that offers a place to store and share files for yourself or a group within Brightspace.
- The "Media Gallery" tool allows you to upload and access videos from course to course within Brightspace.