After reviewing this how-to you will have the knowledge needed to share items in your ePortfolio tool with other individuals in Brightspace. If you are needing to share items with one or more individuals multiple times, it is recommended that you utilize the Sharing Groups feature. For more information on this feature, review the Create and Manage a Sharing Group guide.
Please note, sharing items from the ePortfolio tool must be done from within course and cannot be done from the main Brightspace homepage. The tool cannot share items to individual users from the main Brightspace homepage, it can only be done within a course.
1. In the ePortfolio toolbar, select the "My Items" tab.
2. Next to the name of the chosen item, select the 'Actions for ...' button and choose the "Share" option.
3. Select the "Add Users and Groups" button (the following steps must be performed within one of your courses and not from the main Brightspace homepage).
4. Use the "Search" field to find the needed user(s). Please note, the system will not provide an exact match of your search. Instead the results will contain a part of of the search. For example, if you searched by "the" anyone with "the" anywhere in their name would be displayed, such as "Mathew".
5. Select the name of the needed individual or Sharing Group to add them to the sharing list.
6. After you have added all of the Sharing groups and/or individuals users you wish to share with, select the "Share" button.
7. The item will automatically be made available to the users for review within their ePortfolio tool. If you do not wish to notify the users about the shared item, select the "Close" button. If you do wish to notify the users via an email alert in Brightspace, follow the steps outlined in the bulleted list.
- Mark the "Select All" button and then choose the "Send Invite" button.
- Modify and add to the "Subject" and "Message" fields as needed. Once you have finished, select the "Send" button to notify the users.
- The email sent to users will look similar to the example below for this KB guide.
- The invite within Brightspace sent to users will look similar to example below for this KB guide.