After reviewing this guide you will have the knowledge needed to efficiently navigate the topic pages within your Brightspace course.
Header of a Topic Page
- After selecting a topic from within a specific module/workshop, the material for that topic will be displayed.
- The title of the topic will appear above the material for that topic.
- Above a topic's title, there is a breadcrumb trail that has a link to the main Course Menu page and another link to the respective module/workshop listed.
- After the topic's title, there is a grouping of four buttons.
- Select the bookmark button to toggle between bookmarking and unbookmarking the topic page (review the Bookmarking guide for an understanding of how this function works within Brightspace).
- Select the expand button to open the topic page in full screen view within a new window.
- The forward and backward arrows will assist you in navigating to the next or previous topic page.
Side Panel Menu
- Select the expand button to display the flyout side panel menu.
- To return to the main Course Menu page, follow the "Course Menu" link.
- The forward and backward arrows allow you to navigate to either the next or previous module/workshop's list of topic pages.
- The topic page you are currently accessing will have a gray background behind the topic name.
- Next to a topic page's title is the completion checkbox (review the Completing Topics guide for an understanding of how this function works within Brightspace).
- Select a topic title to navigate to the page.
- To close the flyout menu, utilize the collapse arrow or select an area anywhere on the page.
Footer of a Topic Page
- Selecting the "Reflect in ePortfolio" button will allow you to create a reflection item in your ePortfolio.
- Using the "Download" button will download a HTML file version of the topic page onto your device.
- Choosing the "Print" button provides the capability to print the topic page or save it is as PDF onto your device.
- The forward and backward arrows will move you between the next or previous topic pages.