After reviewing this how-to article you will have the knowledge needed to efficiently navigate the topic pages within your Brightspace course. For information on how to navigate to the Course Menu tool in Brightspace, please review the Course Menu: Overview article.
Header of a Topic Page
- After selecting a topic from within a specific module/workshop, the material for that topic will be displayed.
- The title of the topic will appear above the material for that topic.
- Above a topic's title, there is a breadcrumb trail that has a link to the main Course Menu page and another link to the respective module/workshop listed.
- After the topic's title, there is a grouping of four buttons.
- Select the "bookmark" button to toggle between bookmarking and unbookmarking the topic page (review the Bookmarking article for an understanding of how this function works within Brightspace).
- Select the "expand" button to open the topic page in full screen view within a new window.
- The forward and backward arrows will assist you in navigating to the next or previous topic page.
Side Panel Menu
- Select the expand button to display the flyout side panel menu.
- To return to the main Course Menu page, follow the Course Menu link.
- The forward and backward arrows allow you to navigate to either the next or previous module/workshop's list of topic pages.
- The topic page you are currently accessing will have a gray background behind the topic name.
- Next to a topic page's title is the completion checkbox (review the Completing Topics article for an understanding of how this function works within Brightspace).
- Select a topic title to navigate to the page.
- To close the flyout menu, utilize the collapse arrow or select an area anywhere on the page.
Footer of a Topic Page
- Selecting the Reflect in ePortfolio button will allow you to create a reflection item in your ePortfolio.
- Using the Download button will download a HTML file version of the topic page onto your device.
- Choosing the Print button provides the capability to print the topic page or save it is as PDF onto your device.
- The forward and backward arrows will move you between the next or previous topic pages.