- IMT Service Catalog
- IMT supports audio and video technology in the nearly 400 classrooms and 100 conference rooms on the Marion campus and regional education centers, as well as mobile and portable video conferencing equipment. IMT collaborates with Sound Light and Media, to support the sound reinforcement, recording and streaming of many events occuring on the Marion campus, and collaborates with Media Services in the Jackson Library to provide circulating AV equipment and support of the One Button Studio.
- Teaching Stations
- We refer to a Teaching Station as the podium, desk, rack, or cart from which a course instructor or conference coordinator utilizes audio and video technology to communicate an educational experience. At each of the following locations, the teaching station presents a user with various Source (Input) and Display (Output) options. The pictoral pages, found at the following links may be helpful in supporting the users of these teaching stations.
- Beard Art Center
- Burns Hall of Science and Nursing
- Center Hall
- Century Dining Hall
- Classroom Teaching Station Features
- Elder Hall
- Goodman Hall
- Jackson Library - Instructional Rooms
- Maxwell Center
- National and Global Administration Building
- Noggle Christian Ministries Center
- Ott Hall
- Star Building Meeting Spaces
- Phillippe Performing Arts Center
- Recreation and Wellness Center
- South Hall Complex East, 135
- Regional Site Standard Classroom
The Institutional Media Technologies provides support for academic spaces. We are located in the lower level of the Jackson Library and are open during regular Library hours. Student workers cover the front desk providing media services support, phone support, and first tier level of technical response.
Full Time Staff
Marty Hutchins, Assistant Director of IMT
Marty organizes and directs the full-time staff and student work-force, processes purchase and installation requests, and oversees the media technology support that the IMT department provides to the Residential and Non-Residential campuses.
Doug Drown, Media Technology Specialist
Doug oversees the management of media technology assets, media transfer and duplication services, and coordinates with other departments on the personnel and equipment resources needed for events that occur in classrooms, including sound reinforcement and video recording and streaming.
Doug also helps with research, recommendation, and delivery of various types of distributed media, including capturing, storing, editing, and delivering video, audio and images beyond the walls of a traditional classroom and into a digital realm...and maintains the One Button Studio, and training for interactive classroom and video conferencing technology.
Daniel Hughes, Integration & Support Technician
Daniel is responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of the classroom media technology components and the remote monitoring of Audio/Video control systems in all teaching stations, in all buildings, at both Residential and Education Centers. Daniel also designs and optimizes project requests for sound and video systems in lobbies, lounges, conference rooms and other non-classroom spaces, and locations requesting digital signage.
Frank Jackson, Audio Video Consultant
Frank provides proactive customer support, throughout the design, installation, and training phases of Audio and Video project requests. Contact Frank with your wild and crazy media technology ideas!
Norm Barker, IT Xpress Coordinator
Norm manages the IT Xpress, where students can bring their computers for Apple Authorized desktop and laptop Service, and other basic and diagnostic PC service.